September 25, 2020

roleplaymaster56 (AJPC)

Do not attempt to track down or harass any of the scammers we post. We only ask that you report them, and maybe block them.


Howdy everyone, Danny here with a scammer I encountered yesterday. I was in Crystal Sands when I saw roleplaymaster56 advertising that the best trade they got (in their den) would win their black short collar.


However, instead of their black short collar on trade, they had a firefly necklace. I could tell right off the bat this was a scam - "best trade wins" scams end when the scammer accepts a good trade and then leaves without giving you the item they promised in return. There's no reason to make a trade like this unless the other person has malicious intent.


I headed to their den to check it out. There were only 2 other people there with me, and roleplaymaster56 came back to their den and sat down. They said they were recording, likely as a way to build trust with us. There would be no reason for them to record this interaction unless they suspected people would think it's a scam.


They also told us that we had the option of cancelling the trade instead of accepting it, though it doesn't change the basis of the scam.


I asked why we couldn't just trade directly for the spike. They told me because it was boring and it would end very quickly that way. This confused me - if their intent was to get a fair trade for the spike, it would be a good thing for it to end quickly. They also said it was basically a "rare race"? They probably meant to say it was a race to see who can trade the best, but that doesn't make it sound any safer.

 

I told them that the entire point of trading is to get a good deal, but they just bluntly told me to leave.


I asked them why I should trade for the firely necklace if I was supposed to be getting a black spike. That was the last straw for them and they locked me out of the den.
Please report roleplaymaster56 for scamming. Stay safe and always trade fairly!
-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.