July 16, 2020

littlecoolclaw + lego233 (AJPC)

Do not attempt to track down or harass any of the scammers we post. We only ask that you report them, and possibly block them.



Hi, jammers! Agent Dede here with a scamming duo that I caught earlier. I was in Jamaa when I received a jam-a-gram from littlecoolclaw asking me to go to their den. 


 littlecoolclaw entered their den and asked if I had a pink creature mask, saying they would trade their whole list for one. I looked at littlecoolclaw's list to see two rare black long collars. I was suspicious, since last I checked, creature masks were not worth this much. Checking the AJ Item Worth Wiki revealed that they were only valued at a few RIMs.



I informed them that the pink creature mask is not worth their list in case it was a misunderstanding. littlecoolclaw claimed it was for a friend, so that was the reason for the overtrade. They then began to tell me that if I ever were to get a pink creature mask, that I come back to them. littlecoolclaw than buddied me and left the den.



About 5 minutes later, I received a jam-a-gram from lego233 asking me to come to their den. I went to their den and I was quickly sent a trade. lego233 offered me a pink creature mask along with three other items for my black long spiked collar.
I could tell right off the bat this was an example of a two-person scam, or an S14. In this scam, one player is offering a big overtrade for an uncommon item that isn't worth very much. Another player has the item, but will only trade it to you for way more than the item is worth. If you accept the second player's trade, suddenly, both accounts will leave and you will be left with a pretty worthless item.


I declined the trade, of course, and was immediately locked out. littlecoolclaw unbuddied me as well.




Report lego233 and littlecoolclaw for scamming, and always check the AJ Item Worth Wiki to see an item's true worth before making a trade. See ya!
-Dede

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.