May 18, 2018

kathn + despaciito (AJPC)

Do not attempt to track down or harass any of the scammers we post. We only ask that you report them, and maybe block them.

Hoo boy, this was a mess. 

Hello again, Maretu here with a bleepin' bleepity bleepin' annoying scammer. Their user is kathn.


So here's the story. I was trying to trade away my art when I found this person advertising for a Headdress giveaway. This caught my attention because it is rare to find a headdress giveaway with no context.


However, they did have the Headdress on their trade list to prove they had it.


I went to their den, and a ton of people showed up. A few already assumed it was a scam, but others didn't know what to think of it. After they gathered enough jammers, Kath came into their den and told everyone it was trust trading.



They told us we don't have to accept. However,  if we don't accept, our offer isn't worth as much. They also even went so far to tell us later that our declined offer will only count as one third of what it was worth. For example, if we traded three den betas and declined, it would only be worth one den beta. 

They told us to "trade fair", and replaced the Headdress with a few Necklaces.



(The last item on their list was a Necklace as well)

They kept prompting us to decline. It may be an attempt to get as many items as possible with the "one third value" rule.



After a bit, they then wanted us to buddy them if we wanted to stay.




I kept prodding them to just give the Headdress away fairly, telling them that trust trading is scamming, and other typical things, and they clearly did not like it.



Some other users were trading for something amongst themselves, so she started prodding them to keep trading her.


Oh, and what really got on my nerves is another user kept telling me that I don't know what scamming is, because not all trust trading is scamming. However, I think AJHQ has a different opinion on that.

They got completely fed up with me, and proceeded to unbuddy me and lock me out.


Needless to say I'm glad they did, I didn't want to have to tolerate any more of Kathn.

Status: Unknown

EDIT: I had asked a user also at the giveaway to tell me what happened when I got locked out (because I knew it was going to happen), and they came to me and told me what happened after. I've blocked out their username for their courtesy.


(Translation: "There were three players left after I was locked out")


(I blocked out the top username by mistake, it says Despaciito. This will be sort of important in a second.) (Translation: "Me, Despaciito, and another user who was a seal, I forgot their user")


(Translation: "Kathn wanted me to trade my black short Spiked Collar and add")


(Translation: "I said no, I wouldn't trade her, and told her to give the Headdress to Despaciito")


(Translation: "I watched Despaciito and Kathn trade, but nothing came off of Des's trade list")


(Translation: "But the seal and I were locked out. Despaciito said that Kathn gave them the Headdress, but Despaciito still had")



(Translation: "Despaciito and Kathn are the same person")

So here's some aftermath evidence. I don't have concrete evidence of Despaciito playing their role in this, as I was locked out, but I have heard quite a few reports of Despaciito being a scammer, but to each his own.

Please report kathn for attempted scamming, and maybe Despaciito, but don't count me on that just yet. I intend on trying to track Des in the future to get hard evidence.


-Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.