May 20, 2018

Gregø (AJPC)

(There's a lot of photos in this one.)

Do not attempt to track down or harass any of the scammers we post. We only ask that you report them, and maybe block them.

Ahoy, jammers, Maretu here with a new scammer. This time, it is the item duplicator scam. Their user is Gregø.


So, I found Greg here in Jamaa Township saying that if we wanted our items duplicated to come to his den.


This is almost always a scam, as there is no way for items to be duplicated, as far as I am aware. (People claim that really big items are being duplicated to get them to drop in value) I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just mean as far as my RNG Animal Jam knowledge goes. Anyways, I headed over to his den, and there were two other users there, who already suspected a scam and left after a minute or so. I asked him how his supposed duping program would work, and he explained:


I believe he meant to say something like "I'll accept and give you two of your items", but he kept cutting himself off at important parts, which makes my job really difficult. 




(He stops here, again. I'm pretty sure he's saying "I can multiply up to three items")

He claims that he's beyond AJ's systems, and that he's even hacked them. He also claims that he just enjoys giving people more items on AJ. 




He kept going on about ID's so I'm assuming that's what his "system" works off of, item IDs. The first thing I traded him was a red Slingshot. He declined, because he had to "check if he has its ID".


I got this photo telling me about his multiplying capabilities.


Getting back to being serious again. I'm assuming he told me that, because of my main animal's outfit. Maybe, he thought I would trade him my good items in hopes of getting it doubled.  He also stated he could multiply "a few other things" but never specified what these were. He even went said that he puts his time into "bigger items" for the most part.



Anyways, he claims that his duplicating program is newer, and that only lets him duplicate high-value rare items. He then said that I could trade some items for his Necklaces on trade, and he'd tell me if those items' IDs were in his program, therefore being able to be duplicated.



I traded the Slingshot again, and he declined it, saying "AJ has hard ID things" meaning to say that AJ has really difficult item IDs. However, he said earlier that he is a hacker beyond Animal Jam's own systems.



Anyways, he says that his program "tempts him to only do an item per person". However, I traded only one Slingshot.


So, to see what he would do, I traded him a pink Jamaaliday Bow, and he accepted, and told me to put a bad item on trade. 



I put his Necklace back on my list, but he logged off suddenly. I was about to leave to start writing this report when he came back on, and re-entered his den. He told me that his system "didn't like my bow", and proceeded to trade it back, prompting me to try again.



I asked him why his program couldn't duplicate my Bow, and he gave me this response:



I then told him that the fact that his "system" could only duplicate high-value stuff was awfully suspicious. He told me I can ask some of his clients for proof, but he gave me no usernames of his "clients".




And then, he stops right there in the middle of his sentence and starts talking about how hard his program is to set up.


Finally, I figured there was nothing else to get out of him. He declined my trades, traded my decent item back because it wasn't rare enough for him, and had no better items I wouldn't be upset about losing, so I just left.

Status: None Harmed

Please report Gregø for attempted scamming, and I believe Safety, for claiming he can duplicate items. (AJHQ really needs to add an "Unfair gameplay!" or a "Third party use!" report option...)

-Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.