November 16, 2018

Society Update: Hey

Hey, all. This is gonna be hard to type. I'm resigning. Now, I think this needs a bit of explanation. I started this blog with he help of Dan and a few other people who have since dropped off the face of the Earth back in early 2017. Since then, we have closed down, re-opened, welcome new members, had others quit, opened a Discord and a bunch of other important things my late-night brain can't remember. I feel as though I am being disingenuous with my portrayal of this person who loves AJ, the community and scam catching. When, in reality, I think the only thing that kept me here was my love of the people and the friendships I've made. Don't get me wrong, SASS has been here when I felt I couldn't turn to anyone and I have learned so much over this almost two-year journey, but I feel my life surrounding this game moving further and further away. Like, when you're close with someone then realize they are receding and bit by soul-wrecking bit, they move away and you have to watch as they do so, helpless in a glass coffin in your mind.

My life outside of the internet has grown immensely since I first began this humble blog. I have the PSAT coming up, people who I view as family by my side, and things I am passionate about taking up all of my time. I am no longer a tween who spends her days on the computer, wishing she had friends. That said, I am very thankful for the friends I have made. Namely, Dan (You're the best, thank you for sticking with me and my crazy ideas), Stan (You're truly one of the best friends I could make), Dew (I'm sorry for leaving but I believe in you!) and Flint (The red reverse). There are so many more I cannot list here, but thank you all!

I know that this is the right choice in the end because my gut is telling me so. Guts are a lot more reliable than hearts, they break less often. I am still going to keep up with the society and do behind-the-scenes work and who knows? Maybe one day I'll come back.

I knew this was coming for a while. I don't play Animal Jam very often anymore. Scam catching becomes a chore if there isn't anyone to do it with. I want all of you, both viewers and agents, to know how much work goes into this and how rewarding it can be. This is a message directly to the viewers: I want you to flood the discord and the application form. I want as many of you on board as possible. As my last act as me, I am going to open applications to anyone. Even if you have already filled one out.

Again, thank you so much for everything this has done for me. I love each and every one of you. My heart is being wrenched out of my body by making this decision but the right one isn't always easy.

-Is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.