April 18, 2020

Random Saturday Ep 45: My First Experience with Feral


Hey ya'll! How is everyone doing today? It's Shade with your LATEST Random Saturday with the LATEST news about Feral! And WOW! What a great game is all I gotta say! 
So a few weeks ago, I was invited to a beta testing of the game by WildWorks. And for the most part, I didn't know a lot about the game. I knew it was for people who outgrew Animal Jam and Play Wild and that it was a fantasy kind of game where you could create your own creature. But other than that, I didn't really know a lot about what the game looked like except from a few pieces of concept art. 

The game is just so beautiful! That's all I gotta say about it! You can tell the effort that WildWorks really put into this game, making it the next best thing. For my first animal, I ended up getting the Senri as seen above. But you could also pick this fox kind of animal too called a Kitsune. As the game went on, it reminded me a lot of the Skylanders games, Super Mario Galaxy, as well as a game called FeralHeart. Anyone else who's played those think the same? :o



Right away, I spawned into the city of City Fera. And again, oh my gosh this game is so amazing! There's so much potential and so much to this game that makes me so excited for what is to come. 



So one of the first things I ended up doing was playing a few games with this guy above, asking to play 'Queen's Duel' or 'Four Crows'. To play the game, I guess you had to bet some of your money which I believe is counted in the number of hearts by your player card. (As seen on the top left on the photo below). I had no idea what I was doing the whole time but somehow I ended up winning the crow game. Haha. 



Going deeper into City Fera is probably my favorite part of the city; the castle, and you CAN'T EVEN GO INSIDE YET! UGHHH! But isn't it so beautiful? I already love this game so much and I've only played it a few times! 


And wait until you see the rest of the maps, oh my gosh! 


I think the Blood Tundra ended up being one of my favorite places in the game. (Besides the Sunken Thicket, ohhh we'll get to that later!) Here, is where you get started with some of the mining and crafting to create your own items. If you walk up to certain things, pressing the 'e key' rewards you with different resources to create different items you can redeem them for in the different shops around Feral.


There's also a few chests around these maps that you can unlock using lockpicks, to get what I can amuse, are better resources. However, those can be a little harder to get than the resources just lying around the map.


So I ended up going to my inventory next. There's not a lot, a lot to see and the picture is kind of self explanatory here but yeah. I think it's a really cool concept having to work for the different items you want to get, as well as collecting the dyes to change the colors. It's fun just exploring the worlds and looking for random things that can help you out later. 




One of the first items I ended up crafting was this very nice wallpaper that you could put inside your Sanctuary. The place may look small but from what I've seen, you can add even more rooms to it kind of like how Webkinz was. (Did anyone else play that game before, or is it just me? Is it even still around? :o) 



This world is probably the top favorite right here. It reminds me of a bigger version of Balloosh and just all the color and the mysteriousness about it, I just love it! 


Another thing that can be found in the game is the ability to add friends or buddies. I haven't really looked much into it yet but like Animal Jam, you're able to search up other players, go to their house, ect. 


And the second to last world; the Shattered Bay! The graphics on this game guys, they're just so great! Ahhh! 





I ended up running into this Dodger guy and had an interesting conversation with him. :o I really like how with some of these characters you can chose your response. And thinking of the potential of how this could all go farther; it would be cool if later on in the game they ended up adding different quests and stuff. 


And here is the last world! Probably one of my least favorite world out of all of them but I still really really like it. 


Here is the small town that can be found there. There's a lot of characters to interact with but I do wish I was able to go inside more of the buildings... 


For my first impression of this game; wow. This is awesome. I know it's a little early in testing still, but I already like it better than Animal Jam and Play Wild. When it becomes a finished product, I can't wait for what's to come in the game. Welp, hope you all enjoyed this post. It was a little different from what's normally done for Random Saturdays but I couldn't contain my excitement for this game! 
SO, what does everyone think of the game so far? Have you been invited for the beta yet? Comment below! 

And until next time, 

Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment must be approved by a staff member before it will show up on the blog. Please do NOT post your comment multiple times.
We will not entertain any comments that are posted with malicious intent. In that sense, we will not remove any post on a scammer until we have solid evidence showing that the scammer in question did not actually scam. If your comment is asking for a post to be taken down or implies that any posted scammer wasn't scamming, it likely won't be published.
Please only comment if you have something of value to contribute. Comments that are pointless or just plain incomprehensible will be marked as spam. If you have a question, please check our FAQ before asking.